Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Growing up moment

Kate and Nicole were at serendipity with me this Monday afternoon while I got my hair styled for family photo night.(pictures coming soon) Nicole was so hungry because I picked them up stright from school. I kinda jokingly told them to go walk down to Bi-lo and get an apple and a cookie. Kate took me up on it and I gave her cash. Nicole wanted nothing to do with it. Kate was off. I was a little worried and proud at the same time. "We live in a safe place, right?" I just kept saying that to myself. I did all kinds of things when I was little. It was her little adventure. Katelyn has never been anywhere public alone other than whistle stop. Well, she did great. She said she went to the produce section and got two apples and two cookies and checked out. The cashier called her a "ma'am" and she paid her bill of $1.89 and her grocery store shopping trip was done. I was done at the salon by then and meet her outside the store.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I'm really amazed at the things Maggie wants to do (and can do) on her own. Our girls are growing up!

    ReplyDelete