Friday, April 9, 2010

"Security we have a code red"


Our vacation started on Good Friday April 2, 2010. We flew from Atlanta to West Palm Beach with our dear friends the Murphy's. Unfortunately we did not fly together on the same airline. It all worked out in the end and made for a fun arrival joke on the "smurphy's" (see picture) We arrived before them by 45 min or so. It gave us plenty of time to make a sign and stand in the arrival area waiting for them. It also gave us time to get into "trouble". Let me explain. When you arrive and leave the concourse you see the security man sitting there so you do not return to the secure area. Well, since our friends were arriving in another concourse I wanted to ask a question from the nice security man. BAD idea! Kate stopped walking forward and noticed mom stopped so she took one step back towards me...ALL alarms and lights start blinking and ringing. I was waiting for the guns to come out. It was kinda scary. Needless to say I had nothing to ask anymore and wanted to just go. That is what we did. Poor Kate felt like she did something wrong but got over it quickly when we found a cute store to shop in. And the trouble continues.....While shopping and checking out I forgot Scott's bag in the store. We did not notice it till we were about to leave the airport. I took a bag count and said we are short one. Good thing it was not a kid. Well, Scott took off running retracing our steps to find the bag being hauled off by a TSA agent. I'm sure they were going to take it to an undisclosed location to destroy. :) That was a close one. I am convinced we were being watched very closely till we left the airport.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! This cracked me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I didn't realize you guys were such troublemakers! :) Just kidding. Sounds like an exciting adventure!

    ReplyDelete