Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Yummy!


I have found a yummy recipe and wanted to share it with you. It is a family hit mostly Scott and cousin Zachary (1yrs old). But don't let that worry you, my kids are not very adventurous in trying new foods. We often end up paying them to try new things. I think we are being played. If you try it and like it let me know. I love the comments.

Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
Ingredients:
4 large baking potatoes
8 slices of bacon or salad topping bacon
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 tbs of butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup of cheddar cheese divided in half
8 green onions sliced and divided (this is optional in our house)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour
3. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large skillet. Cook as directed. Crumble and drain.
4. When potatoes are done let them cool for 10 min. Slice them in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and 1/2 the green onions. Mix with a hand blender until creamy and well blended. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
5. Bake for another 15 minutes.

YUMMY!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think you could pay me to try that. :) Just kidding, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete