Monday, June 7, 2010

Fly, Fly, Far from here...

Katelyn took a big step in life yesterday. She flew alone on a commercial airline down to FL. I walked her to her gate in Atlanta airport and said my goodbyes. Mommy was a wreak but she was as cool as a cucumber. She was well stocked with whatever she wanted to buy from the newsstand in the terminal. It was a quick decision to go to Drama Camp at our old high school Lake Worth Christian. The camp started June 7th and lasts for 2 weeks. I was not ready to leave for 2 weeks with her so we did the next best thing. We shipped her down to stay with my mom. She willingly took on the challenge to have only one granddaughter stay with her till we can come down as a family next week. She was a little unsure how she would do one on one. We are used to having them both together to entertain each other. The girls are special in their own ways and having only one on one really makes that evident in the day to day conversations. Nicole seems to talk more and likes to do her own thing in the house. I hope Kate is enjoying this time too. We shall see how the first day of drama camp goes.

4 comments:

  1. What a big step!! For Katelyn AND you :) Hope you and Nicole had a great week together. We're looking forward to seeing you Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. from Katelyn i love you mom and dad plus nicole. I miss you. I am enjoying it here. I have made new friends.
    THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time in Florida with Mimi and drama camp! I hope you enjoy every moment and learn a lot and make some really good friends. Wish I could see the performance next week, but maybe your mom can record it for me to see. I love you Katelyn and am proud of you! --Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katelyn is very brave little girl, she is real fun to hang out with, I'm enjoying taking care of her, and she is watching over me too. I'm learning to get dressed every morning before taking her to school( no leggings) and she is teaching me to speak proper English. This Camp thing works for both of us. Mimi

    ReplyDelete