Monday, August 16, 2010

Washington DC Friday August 6, 2010 {Day three}

After a good nights rest we were ready to take on the streets of DC again. We walked to the International Spy Museum. This was not a free museum but was very interesting. The girls had a better understanding about spies. They love to play in Whistle Stop and spy on people. Now they know that sometimes spies have such deep dark secrets they die to keep them safe. We learned about spy gear. The girls got some backwards glasses, handcuffs, a book on girls spies, disappearing ink and fun ideas to use in Whistle Stop.


Our next stop was the American History Museum. I think this was my favorite. Kate had the camera and these are a few of the things we saw.....

Uniform of George Washington. I just was impressed that people have saved things like this. It would have been so easy to have it been lost in time.

Dorothy's ruby red slippers.

The First Ladies inaugural ball gowns. I loved these.

Michelle Obamas gown and jewelry and shoes were on display.

A piece of the Berlin Wall.

The girls played while I went shopping at Macy's. Scott took them to the pool.
When I was done shopping. Scott got some reading in and the girls and I dinned at the hotel. We were a little silly. It was about 9 pm and we were getting dinner done. I love vacations.
Nicole did not get the smile memo here. We had a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment